Thursday, February 26, 2009

Get the Geeks Back Here!


My new wireless network is on the fritz. For some reason I don't have luck with these damn things. In my old house I couldn't go more than 20 feet and I'd have no connection. At this house, if you recall, I couldn't figure out the setup and had to have the Geek Squad come in to fix it. It was fine for awhile then last week my old laptop started dropping the connection. Now neither laptop can find the network. I have to use the cable to get access. I don't have the time or the patience to deal with this. I guess I'll have to call the Geeks back in to take a look. Of course they'll probably charge me again.

Nothing much else new. Work, work, work.

6 comments:

A Lewis said...

There is nothing more frustrating! I'm so sorry. I'm sure you have, but have you turned off all computers, all routers, all modems....actually unplugged them all from one another and from the power source....and then reconnected? Some of them have reset buttons as well. (Listen to me...offering advice when I'm just as non-Geeky as you are!)

Rick said...

Actually, I did that last night and it worked! Go figure.

Anonymous said...

The first thing every IT person has ever said to me when I've complained about my computer not doing what I want it to, is to reboot it. Amazing that they get paid so much and more often than not restarting it works. Go figure.

tornwordo said...

LOL all your google ads are about wireless network setup. Too bad you're not allowed to click on your own ads...snicker.

Steven said...

Sorry to hear that your laptop is back on the fritz again. Last thing you need are those geeks when you were just blogging about some upcoming bills. Have an enjoyable weekend regardless! :-)

Charles said...

Glad tgo hear it's working!

The Daily Puppy